Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Joys of Life

Calling Gramma The phone rang early one Sunday morning, and all I could hear was a baby cooing in the background . . . then a beep, beep, beeeep, beep - and I knew Ashton had found his mother's cell phone and had hit our speed dial number.

Then a couple of days after that, the phone rang about 8:00 a.m. I said, "Hello," and this little voice said, "Hi, Gwamma, How are you? . . . then yelling and I presume running, he said, "I've got Gwamma on the line, I've got Gwamma!" It was James, who is not quite two years old yet, but he can talk a blue streak and quote pages from his favorite books! His Mom reads to him a lot.
Charlie calls me occasionally to tell me about his day at school or to see when he come and stay at Grandma and Grandpa Ray's house. And our Sunday is always made perfect when we get to Skype with our Illinois bunch. Grace will sing us her favorite songs and Grant is patient for a few minutes and will run off to play, but we can occasionally see him in the background. And Jacob and Sydni just called us tonight to tell us that they can come to St. George with us this week-end to help celebrate Aunt Tiffany's birthday.
I love being a Grandmother!
Angela Schwindt said, "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
And grandchildren just add to the joy and education of life.

1 comment:

Tiffany Whitelaw said...

I think that's really great that they all call you...even when it's accidental!