Friday, October 31, 2008

Sharing


Kourtni and I have been going to Storytime at the Library. They sing songs, read stories, then have some sort of activity for the children. Thursday they learned about cowboys and made a cowboy vest from a brown paper bag - I wish I had a photo of Kourtni with the cute vest she made, but I couldn't get her to try it on. Anyway, we usually have lunch afterwards and play in the park, but Thursday was much too cold to be outside, so we went to a local place where we could sit down at a table and eat. When Kourtni received her children's meal, there were three wrapped candies with the chicken nuggets and fries. She asked me if I would unwrap the candy for her and I told her I would as soon as she had her chicken nuggets and fries because she needed to eat some good food to help her body be healthy before she had candy. She was alright with that and proceeded to eat lots of fries and pink sauce and a few chicken pieces. She then told me she was all finished. I suggested she could take home the rest to share with Jacob and Sydni (I was thinking of the remaining nuggets and fries, but she was way ahead of me). Kourtni pointed out that "Sydni doesn't like sour candy, but me and Jacob both do, so Sydni can have that one - pointing to the Banana Mamba and me and Jacob can eat the sour ones!" I was pretty impressed that this little three year old was so willing to share the good stuff - I am sure I would have just gobbled it all down myself when I was that age, oh who am I kidding - everyone knows I still don't share dessert!

3 comments:

Danielle Lindstrom said...

This is such a cute story. You hadn't told me about it when you dropped her off. Thank you for sharing it.

Jesse said...

That is a cute story. Kids always surprise me with thoughtfulness. Kourtni is really blossoming into such a fun kid!

I think it is great that you are able to spend that time with her. I know of another little grand daughter who would join you guys in a heartbeat!

Tiffany Whitelaw said...

I didn't know you did that with Kourt... how fun.