Friday, October 31, 2008

Buyers Beware











Okay, so am I the only one in the world that did not realize that curtains were now being sold as separate panels??? I ordered some curtains from the Penny's catalog for the condo and when the package arrived, I was a little surprised to find only one panel in the package . . . hmmmm . . . that looks a little lopsided. So, I re-read the catalog info and it talks about the curtains, then the rod and tiebacks, then says "Sold separately" . . . so I naturally presumed they were talking about the rod and tiebacks but Noooo that actually means the curtains are sold as separate panels!
So I had to order another panel and I must admit, it does look a little better with two! However, what I thought was a good price (I couldn't sew those for such a great price, right? - actually wasn't a very good deal and I could have sewn them for well under the total $$$ spent) I went to some local stores to see how they are selling their curtains and they, too are being sold as separate panels, but at least the photo on the package shows just one single panel hanging on the window - so it is very clear. JC Penny's had two panels in the photo and it was not clear at all to me . . . now I know! I will just sew them next time!

3 comments:

Danielle Lindstrom said...

i dont know, the lopsided look might be the new fad???

Jesse said...

I didn't know that! Thanks for the warning. The final product turned out great!

Tiffany Whitelaw said...

I had no idea! They turned out great though.