Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tender Mercies

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. ~Maori Proverb


A few weeks ago, as I was headed down the road to meet Ray at yet another Dr. appointment, my heart was heavy and as I went over the hill, I came upon this magnificent field of sunflowers just west of our city office building. It was the ray of sunshine that I needed at that very moment and reminded me of those wonderful tender mercies that are sent our way by a loving Father in Heaven. I didn't have my camera with me that day, but I did today - and the autumn colors were magnificent this morning as I drove down the hill to church with yet another heavy heart, I looked up and felt Heavenly Father's love for me radiating on all the hill sides. It is a most beautiful time of year and we are surrounded by the beauty of His creations.

Brittany, Macaleb and Ashton
 Another tender mercy is this handsome new grandson ~ Macaleb Warren
 Just behind our home lies a beautiful mountain range and it is only a few miles to drive up the canyon to enjoy the beauty there.  It is one of my favorite places and I like to go there whenever my heart needs a lift. 
 Last week-end Ray and I took a little drive up to what is called "The Devil's Kitchen,"  it looks like a minature Bryce Canyon, tucked away near Mt. Nebo.
And this huge field of pumpkins just made me smile ~ it reminded me of the bounteous blessings we enjoy every single day, and like the myriads of pumpkins, there are so many I could never count them all. 

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Beautiful pictures! This post made my heart a little lighter and a little heavier at the same time. Love you so much and we are thinking of and praying for you and Ray all the time. Loves from AZ.

Tiffany said...

It looks like you had a beautiful fall there this year. Love you!