Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Road Trip 1 - To Ft Collins & Beyond!

Friday, May 22 we headed out after Ray's work, picked Arianne up in Salt Lake City, then drove I-80 to Green River, Wyoming where we met up with Ethan & Megan and stopped for a picnic lunch.

This monument is a tribute to The Mormon Pioneers, who came this way 162 years ago. We have many pioneer ancestors and this trip gave me a greater appreciation for them, their faith, courage and obedience, than I have ever had before. I am so grateful for them and the difficult choices they made to follow a prophet, to stay faithful when the going was extremely rough, to be true to the covenants they had made. I hope I can emulate them in those ways and many others.

We drove on to Ft Collins, where Megan's brother Ryan, wife Sherri and their family kindly hosted us for the night.

No comments: