Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Redecorating

Inspiration for our downstairs guestroom came from a few things - this lovely photo that Ray took of Jesse and Grace near the Point Vincente Lighthouse My mother's lovely oil painting . . .

and our trips to the California coast and the Great Lakes - where we have seen some magnificent light houses, ships, sailboats and lots and lots of water!
Anyway, here is part of the finished room - I am still looking for a ladder bookshelf to add to the North wall, but it has been a fun project to put together. . . now I need to finish the bathroom . . .

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

3 comments:

Jesse said...

The room looks great! Except that you should have cropped me out of that picture...;) I really like your mom's painting. It is really very lovely. AND I love how you had it matted. Did you make the quilt? I'd say you hit the nautical nail on the head.

Tiffany Whitelaw said...

That room looks awesome! Nice job I really love it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to my blog!

I love that first photo, it is truly incredible! Looks just like a painting!